Policies & Guidelines
Winding Trails is a independent nonprofit membership organization. The Board of Directors has established the following rules and regulations for the benefit of all members. Adherence to these guidelines will keep you a member in good standing. Memberships may be revoked at anytime for failure to adhere to these guidelines. The staff of Winding Trails is responsible for the enforcement of the rules and regulations. We are here to enforce these policies for the benefit of all the members. Please be patient and understanding as the staff does its job. If you have any questions, Scott Brown, the Executive Director, will be happy to discuss them with you. Please feel free to call (860) 677-8458 ext 18.
- All vehicles must stop at the gatehouse to have the membership sticker scanned, collect guest fees and direct rental groups. Membership stickers must be affixed to the windshield of the correct vehicle.
- Walkers/Bikers should use the main gate and will be permitted in the park only if they can provide identification as members. The Gate Attendant will verify membership.
- Windows on vehicles must be rolled down so gate attendants can speak to drivers and verify membership.
- Members are limited 6 guests per day at the guest fees listed below. Larger groups must contact our office so special arrangements can be made.
- Guest fees are $7.00 per adult and $5.00 per child (3 to 15 yrs. old). All member's guests must be preregistered through our website prior to arriving at the gate.
- Guests must park their vehicles outside the gate along the edge of the entrance roadway.
- Members should park in the designated lots and not on the grass. Parking along the road creates visibility problems. Parking violations will be issue for cars parking in non designated areas.
- Winding Trails is a wildlife preserve, and as such, no dogs or other pets are allowed in the park.
- Drive slowly in the park. Speed limit in the park is 20 MPH. Bikers and walkers utilize the roadway as well as the cars.
- Dispose of diapers by wrapping in a plastic bag before putting in the trash receptacles. Use the baby changing stations and not the picnic tables for changing.
- Place trash and recyclables in the proper receptacles.
- No glass containers.
- Picnic tables and grills are used on a first come first serve basis. Reserving of tables is not allowed.